What is on-page SEO / what is onpage?
On-page SEO is the practice of optimizing individual web pages in order to rank higher and earn more relevant traffic in search engines.
16 key ON-PAGE SEO FACTORS THAT SEARCH ENGIENS AND USER LOVE
Start Title Tag with Your Keyword
Your title tag is the most important on-page SEO factor. The closer the keyword is to the beginning of the title tag, the more weight it has with search engines.
Now…!! How to write Title Tag
If you are using wordpress CMS for your website then you have to install plug-in for on page SEO and one of best SEO plug-in is “Yoast SEO — WordPress Plugins”
You can add a title tag as shown in below mentioned screenshot. Title tag should include all the keywords for the particular page.
e.g Primary Keyword – Secondary Keyword | Brand Name
Title tag checklist
- Length: Title tags should be 50-60 characters long, including spaces.
- Keyword placement: Your most value able keywords include in the first in your title tag, with your least important words coming last.
- Brand name: If your company name is not included in the important keyword, put it at the end of the title tag.
- Say NO to duplicate title tags: same title tan not to be used in more one page.
- Relevant: Title tag must be relevant to you website page content.
During the on page optimisation task you must cover below mentioned points.
1. Head Section Order
2. Title Tag
3. Description Tag
4. Keywords Tag
5. Heading Tags
6. Overall Word Count
7. Alt Attributes with Keywords
8. Dashes vs. Underscores in URLs
9. Fully Qualified Links
11. Site Map
12. Text Navigation
13. Make Robots.txt File
14. Keyword Strategy
15. Web Analytics
16. Linking Strategy
17. Server Configuration
18. Privacy Statement
19. Static Pages
20. Static Index Pages
21. Use Text over Images
22. Ensure No SPAM Tactics
23. Check for Duplicate Content
24. Set Up a Webmaster Tools Account for Google and Bing
25. Check Crawl Errors Reported
26. Review Mobile Usability Issues
27. Check for Manual Penalties Reported
28. Analyze Your Site Traffic Against Known Google Algorithm Updates
29. Improve Site Speed and Performance